Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Mr. Hare is 100

Forgive me for my recent absence, but I really wanted something special for my 100th post. So here it is. This summer Mr. Hare embarked on a roadtrip around Andalucia on a quest to discover the beaches of Spains southern gold coast and to experience the best Tapa's on offer.
On a diversion up to the hills of Rhonda in search of an eco Yurt camp, I stopped at this roadside tapas bar for a cold cerveza, ensalada Russa and some respite from the blazing sun, when something caught my eye.
Look at this picture. 
Can you tell what it is yet?
I pondered how fantastic a pair of woven Derby's could be on the right last, with the right styling. I instantly had them visioned in my mind and wondered how I would ever make them happen. It was at that very moment that I decided I was going to become a shoemaker.

I reached for my camera to record the moment, which I am sharing with you now.

Mr. Hare rule 6 states "...the first thing shall be the last an the last shall always be first."
So...
Then came the blog. With which I have had the opportunity to study everything else that is available and helped me to formulate my own opinion on men's shoes. Which is essentially...
Black as in attitude. Not necessarily in colour.
Next I commissioned a trading mark.
I wanted something that could be conceived as traditional but at the same time had a thoroughly modern reference point. I also wanted it to be completely descriptive and knowingly humourous.

Mr. Hare in the company of four swans.


I am very happy with the result.

So there you have it. A modern shoe company in the fine tradition was conceived on a B road in the Andalucian Mountains, nurtured in the blogosphere and will be for real in AW09.
Stay tuned for more news as it happens.

Mr. Hare - A Black Shoe Company.

No comments: