Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Brick Lane.

As a new blogger, I wondered whether to let post matter just happen or whether to actively search it out. So with a couple of hours free I headed to Hoxton to seek out some content. It was looking unfruitful until I spotted Jamie in Brick Lane. Jamie ticks at least three of the Mr. Hare shoeist beliefs (2,3,5,6 and 7 plus others by default. See post no.1 for clarification).
On later inspection they could easily be vintage Gucci, but I didn't ask. See how he has given them top billing by eliminating trouser scrunch with a simple turn up. They fit like a glove and look as if they have enjoyed life. On this occasion Mr. Hare did not want to be seen to be openly endorsing snow washed denim at such an early stage, so I made
the executive decision to crop homeboy at the shins. But thank you Jamie and congratulations on being the very first streetspot on Mr.Hare.

The next thing I saw is being included because it involves two of my favourite things. Chuck Taylors and Rough Trade records. A combination I didn't feel particularly compelled to part with cash for, especially as I was surrounded by possibly the best and most exciting selection of music you will find under one roof in London, but it is good to see "Game recognising Game" as it were. If you haven't been to Rough Trade East, Dray Walk and you say you like music then you are doing yourself a disservice.

No comments: